JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2018 - July 31, 2018
Farm Credit Administration
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: McLean, Virginia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: Q1 -- Agriculture
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Farm Credit Administration (FCA) is a small, vibrant, independent Federal agency located in McLean, Virginia, that regulates and examines the Farm Credit System (FCS).
As an Agricultural Economist, you will:
• Conduct research and prepare various complex economic analyses on emerging risks to FCS institutions, which includes tracking conditions and changes in the agricultural economy, agricultural finance, and agricultural policy and developing and/or analyzing alternative economic scenarios for the U.S. agricultural finance sector and the FCS.
• Monitor developments in the economic, commodity, policy, financial and operating environment affecting the FCA and the FCS.
• Develop, maintain, and validate analytical tools, complex models, and datasets used for monitoring risk in the Farm Credit System, including data/models to evaluate agricultural policy, the agricultural sector, and commodity market conditions.
• Develop and validate databases containing economic and financial information on agriculture and the FCS. Such data supports the Agency's risk evaluation activities and FCA management's decision-making processes regarding policy evaluation and development.
• Serve as project manager or team leader for projects and task groups for special studies and analyses of importance to agency management.
Farm Credit Administration is an equal opportunity employer.
- External Application Link