JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2018 - July 31, 2018
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Merrimack, New Hampshire, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Fidelity’s Fixed Income Division is one of the country’s leading fixed income managers with over $800 billion in fixed income assets managed by a staff of roughly 200 investment professionals. At Fidelity, we combine fundamental research on domestic and international debt issuers with macroeconomic and quantitative analysis to develop investment decisions aiming to maximize risk-adjusted total return for our clients. The Fixed Income Division is headquartered in Merrimack, New Hampshire, though more than 20 division members are located in Fidelity’s London office.
The Macro Research Analyst will be part of the Fixed Income Macro Research team that supports the bond and money market portfolio management groups by performing research on macro themes that impact Fixed Income returns, including US fiscal and monetary policy as well as international jurisdictions that have an impact on the US economy and capital markets. Our ideal candidate will bring fresh perspectives to our thinking, through interaction with a wide range of external experts. He/she will publish and present findings to investment teams and make specific recommendations for portfolio positioning. The Macro Research Analyst will also collaborate with the broader Fidelity investment team, including equities and asset allocation.
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree required plus a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience. Previous experience in a macro or credit strategist role would be particularly beneficial.
• Progress toward a CFA preferred.
• Strong analytical, excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required.
• He/she will be comfortable working in a sophisticated, competitive, performance driven, team oriented environment.
• The successful candidate is an independent thinker with the ability to effectively articulate his/her investment theses.
- External Application Link