JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: New Haven, Connecticut, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Yale University (The Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies at Yale), seeks to appoint a Post-Doctoral Associate starting AY18-19, with a possibility of renewal up to 3 years, conditional on satisfactory progress and performance. Candidates must have research and training experience in social sciences or public policy relevant to South Asia.
This fellowship will focus on developing a policy-relevant research agenda and should include but not limited to a broad range of emerging urban issues, such as water, sanitation, and hygiene; migrant integration and livelihoods; energy and the environment; transportation; housing and infrastructure; and delivery of health and education services. The successful candidate will work closely with the lead academics at Yale University working on South Asia. Compensation will be competitive, depending on seniority and field of the selected individual. The fellowship will also provide Yale benefits, including health coverage.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching two courses each year.
• Engage in research and primary data collection activities in partnership with Yale faculty.
• Organizing a conference at Yale with the aim of disseminating research findings to relevant policymakers and implementing organizations as well as generating new research opportunities.
Applications for this post-doctoral fellowship should meet the following criteria:
• A Ph.D. in economics, public policy, or other quantitative social science disciplines such as political science, demography by the time of appointment.
• Attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills for communicating policy lessons. This requires clear, precise, non-technical writing, and creativity in presentation;
Complete applications must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, a research paper or job market paper, and contact information for three references (letters not required at application stage), and a document with either links to other research papers or a short research statement describing other ongoing research. All information from the applicant should be submitted electronically through Interfolio: . Uploaded PDF copies of signed reference letters will be accepted.
Review of applications will begin on January 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Yale is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities are particularly welcome.