JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Arkansas Development Finance Authority
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Salary Range: 52,530 - 80,301
Status Update: Position has been filled
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Class Title: ADFA Senior Economic Analyst
Class Code: C-127
Salary: $52,530 - $80,301
Assist in the development of a new division, Economic Policy, within ADFA. Analyze various datasets in order to shed light on the economic impact of existing and proposed Arkansas legislation. Provide analytical support for the Governor's initiatives. Analyze state financial data and organizational structure of agencies, general revenue and state budgets, and state tax and regulatory law, to assess the economic impact of state policies and rules.
* A Masters in Economics, or related field, from an accredited university.
* Knowledge of econometrics and advanced statistical software
* Ability to creatively apply economic theory to evidence-based, market-oriented policy design
* Ability to follow instructions, execute tasks quickly, reprioritize and multi-task.
* Professional or academic experience with Stata
* SQL professional experience and/or academic training
* Familiarity with law and the legislative process
* Familiarity with public choice economics and regional economic research
* Publishing record
Compensation & Benefits
The position is on the State of Arkansas Professional and Executive Pay Play with a salary range of $52,530 to $80,301. State benefits include insurance, defined benefit retirement program vested at 5 years.
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
- Application Instructions Below
Please apply for position by sending research papers, resume and cover letter to: Nathan Smith, Director Economic Policy at.