JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang, CHINA
00 -- Default: Any Field
D0 -- General
L0 -- General
M -- Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
Status Update: Deadline Changed
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Alibaba operates one of the world's largest and most complex marketplaces. We are seeking a few well-rounded economists to join our team. An economist at Alibaba is responsible for delivering in-depth insights on buyer and seller behaviors through econometric/statistical analyses; designing effective market mechanisms and oversee their implementation; and developing metrics that inform top-level decision making and strategies. You will gain access to a rich variety of research problems and data-sets, a world-class analytics platform and the opportunities to create real business and social impact. The ideal candidate should blend strong econometric skills with a good level of understanding in machine learning/big data. The candidate should also be comfortable with working with a cross-disciplinary team. The position will be based in Hangzhou, China.
Please have your CV and 1-2 recommendation letters emailed to .
· PhD degree in Economics, Management, IS, Marketing or a related field. Experienced candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Solid training in both theoretical and empirical methods.
· Good programming skills: SQL, Python and R.
· Experience with Hadoop, Spark and other 'big data' platform is a plus.
· A strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Application Instructions Below