JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Beijing, Beijing, CHINA
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The School of Economics and Management (SEM) at Beihang University is embarking on a major new hiring initiative for its newly established Institute of Economics and Business. We invite global applications for full rank tenure-track positions with expertise in a variety of areas, including but not limited to financial economics, energy economics, health economics, development economics, marketing, accounting, management science and engineering, information system, or other closely related fields. We encourage applications from scholars who have overseas research experiences and are committed to research excellence. Detailed information about each position is listed as follows:
1. China’s 1000 plan Honor Professor, which targets on leading researchers who have already secured full professor positions (or equivalent) in overseas top research institutes.
2. Professor, which targets on scholars who are younger 45 and who have secured a formal academic position in overseas reputational research institutes. Candidates for this position should have internationally recognized academic achievements and publications in top-tier academic journals.
3. Associate professor, which targets on scholars who are younger 40 and who have secured a formal academic position in overseas reputational research institutes. Successful candidates must also show a strong potential for academic excellence and have produced publications in top-tier academic journals.
4. Assistant professor, which targets on doctoral graduates from major overseas universities, with an age under 32. Successful candidates must show a strong potential for academic excellence.
Beihang University is one of the leading universities in China, and supported by three national education excellence projects (211/985/2011). In the university’s new century development plan, the disciplines of economics and business have been ranked on the very top and granted with extensive infrastructure, financial, and administrative supports.
We will provide new faculty joining us with globally competitive compensation package, including salary, research start-up funding, and housing at Beijing. We give preference for candidates who are qualified for national fellowships, such as China’s 1000 plan, China’s Young 1000 plan and Yangtze River Scholarship, and will provide strong support in applying these scholarships.
This job information is posted on a long-term basis.
To apply, please send your CV, statement of research, job market paper, statement of teaching, teaching evaluation, and a list of three references to job_buaasem@ , with the email title of “2017_Faculty_Recruitment_[Last Name]_[First Name]”. For more information, you may contact our search committee via +86-10-82317837.
- Application Instructions Below