JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Investment Company Institute
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, DC, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
C1 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
D -- Microeconomics
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
F -- International Economics
G -- Financial Economics
H3 -- Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
Full Text of JOE Listing:
ICI a Washington D.C.-based global trade association for regulated investment funds (mutual funds, ETFs)is looking for a PhD with a background in international economics and emerging markets for a Global Macro Economist position.
The Candidate will join a team that creates original research associated with the regulated mutual fund industry in the US and globally.
•The Candidate will work on policy orientated research on the US Mutual Fund Industry with a focus on international issues that might impact the fund industry.
•Sample Subjects: "How Mutual Funds Weathered Brexit", " Investor Trends in EM Stocks and Bonds", Asia Pacific Investment Performance", "Sizing Up Mutual Fund and ETF Investment in Emerging Markets", Why Regulated Funds Are a Relatively Stable Source of Foreign Investment for Emerging Economies", " U.S. and European Fund Investors Continue to Take Long View on EM Economies".
• The candidate must have a PhD in Economics
• Must have International Economic research experience
• Nice to have-Experience with Emerging Markets
• Have proven academic research and writing experience (Papers or Thesis)
• Have superior analytical skills that can be translated into policy research
• Have the ability to communicate complex issues to a wide range of audiences both in written and oral form.
• The Candidate must have an understanding of global financial institutions and international and emerging financial markets.
• Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Application Instructions Below