JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
D -- Microeconomics
L -- Industrial Organization
R -- Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Airbnb is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Economics and Policy group at our San Francisco headquarters. Candidates should have a sound empirical background, demonstrated research expertise, and a hunger to work on topics that are both at the cutting edge of economic policy and in the public eye.
The position offers the ability to enact meaningful policy change, both within Airbnb and in communities across the world. As a result, the role requires working closely with cross-functional partners throughout the organization, as well as the many data scientists and economists in the same parent group.
The scope of work includes high-impact topics including housing and rental prices, taxation, economic impact and spillover, relationship to the hotel industry, quantitative analysis of regulation, and the design of the Airbnb marketplace.
Ideal candidate’s qualifications include:
- PhD in economics or related field
- Ability to operate independently and drive one’s own agenda
- Ability to perform complex strategic analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in applied econometric modeling
- Knowledge of tools including: R, GIS/Geographic Data, SQL, Data Visualization tools, Excel
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and project management
For more information, visit .
- Cover Letter
- Research Papers
- Letters of Reference