JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017
Universidad de Los Andes
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Bogotá D.C, COLOMBIA
G0 -- General
M2 -- Business Economics
Corporate Finance and Governance
Organizational and Management Economics
Entrepreneurship and Family
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Position(s) and applicant(s) profile:
Applicants with the following backgrounds are welcome to apply and will be considered for each of the positions:
1) Finance. Background in financial economics, financial markets, financial institutions and services, corporate finance and governance (and all subfields).
2) Management and public policy. Background in any economics, social science, humanity or other relevant fields, and that will help to strengthen our expertise in business ethics; business, public policy and development; cultural industries management; entrepreneurship and family; innovation and technological change; organizational and management economics; public management.
Preference will be given to applicants with a strong commitment to research. We also seek candidates who will actively engage in the design, delivery and assessment requirements of courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. We welcome applications from aspiring and successful mid-career candidates who could qualify for the level of Associate Professor.
In particular we are interested in candidates with:
* A completed (or near completion) PhD in economics, finance, social sciences, humanities or relevant field.
* A desire to contribute to a successful and fast growing educational environment
* A track record or potential for research and publication in highly regarded international peer reviewed journals
* An enthusiasm and ability to contribute to different undergraduate and postgraduate courses
Applicants should submit the following:
1. Brief cover letter outlining your interest and motivation to partner with the School of Management at University of Los Andes.
2. Curriculum vitae or resume including contact information for at least three referees. Referees will not be contacted and references sought until the final shortlisted candidates have been chosen.
3. Teaching statement, including course evaluations (if available).
4. Research statement and two recent papers.
Only complete applications will be considered. Processing of applications will commence October 1, 2016 until December 15, 2016. Interviews will be held at the ASSA/AEA/AFA in Chicago, IL on January 6th Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 8th (please state in your application whether you will be available for interview in this venue).
We anticipate appointees to begin May 1, 2017. The level of compensation is competitive internationally and will be determined based on education and experience following University guidelines.
For further information about this position please contact us at adm-recruit@ .
- External Application Link