JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Memphis, Tennessee, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C1 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
FedEx Services Forecasting department is recruiting one or more Sr. Revenue Science Analyst(s) to join its staff.
- Develop business forecast using relevant internal and external data;
- Analyze economic and business factors and conduct statistical analysis;
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses and develop econometric models for market/industry/competitive/customer analyses;
- Produce technical documentation and improve reporting systems; and
- Present forecasting/analytical results to management.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Considered a Plus:
- Rich experience in business analysis and forecast modeling;
- In-depth understanding of forecasting principles, advanced time-series and econometric modeling techniques as well as business and economic relationships;
- Proficiency in UNIX, RDBMS, and strong programming skills in SAS, SQL, C, VB, Java, or other fourth-generation programming languages;
- Strong statistics background and demonstrated analytical skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills; and
- Strong work ethic as part of a team as well as working independently.
Master's Degree in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research. Two (2) years work experience in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research, in an analytical, quantitative, or technical role. One(1) year of experience or coursework with the following skill (skills can be gained concurrently with education): computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentation or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative field such as engineering/operations research), SAS, SQL, UNIX or any fourth-generation programming language. Strong human relations, communications, and analytical skills. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.
- Application Instructions Below
From the home page, scroll down to the bottom and select the FedEx Careers link.
Under the Search Our Jobs,
Select United States,
Select FedEx Services,
Select Decision Science & Analytics,
In the Keyword box, enter 1802476BR.
Click Search Now.