JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Charlotte, North Carolina, UNITED STATES
New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Household Financial Security
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Economist is responsible for identifying and conducting original, business-relevant, research that supports the mission of the TIAA Institute ( . The Institute’s goals are to:
• Build Institute Thought Leadership preeminence and deliver measurable business impact, client impact and increased visibility;
• Implement the Institute’s 3 year strategy; and,
• Deliver operational excellence.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct research
• Write Institute publications on issues related to financial security
• Edit research products of Senior Economists and external partners
• Present research findings to business partners and clients as well as at academic conferences, as directed by the Sr. Economist
• Evaluate requests for Institute funded research grants and serve as co-editor on completed grant papers
• Assist in managing the Institute Fellows program
• Assist in managing the TIAA Institute Paul A. Samuelson Award
• Develops and maintains a national network of colleagues in the academic community in order to exchange ideas and stay abreast of emerging trends.
• Supports and champions a culture of compliance. Manage risk in line with Institute and company compliance and risk protocols, by resolving issues in a timely and satisfactory manner. Ensures all regulatory and compliance expectations are met.
- External Application Link