JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Value Line Publishing, LLC
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
This successful boutique quantitative investment firm is seeking a senior Quantitative Economist to join our Quant Research team. This is an impactful part time position for a gifted Financial Economist, Operations Research diplomate, or similar mid-or late-career individual, looking to work 2-3 days per week.
As senior Quantitative Economist you will:
• Develop proprietary equity (and derivatives) selection models, as well as improve and update existing ones
• Engage in product/application development for jointly managed equity investing
• Build specialized optimization and simulation models
• Develop customized strategies for licensing and partnerships
• Contribute to the asset allocation process and set research priorities
The ideal candidate will have a Ph. D. in Economics, Operations Research, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, or a related field and experience using statistical techniques, quantitative methods, and outside research in relation to U.S financial markets. Strong working knowledge of SAS and SQL are required, as is familiarity with capital markets.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to succeed in this role. A faculty member of a 4 year university seeking a significant, permanent part-time opportunity, would be an ideal candidate.
Complete C.V. and salary history absolutely required.
- Application Instructions Below