JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Part-time or Adjunct)
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Real Estate Finance
Real Estate Investment
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The MIT Center for Real Estate seeks postdoc to join team of faculty and researchers focusing on all aspects of real estate and urban economics including: housing, urban growth, finance, development, investment, sustainability, and new technologies. Person will be expected to devote 50% of time to Center-related duties, and the rest to their own research.
• Perform independent research in areas per above, and the interaction between design and economic value.
• Publishing, presenting, disseminating research to global community
• Collaborating with MIT/CRE professors in their research
• Working with private, industry and/or government research sponsors to apply for research grants
• Help identify projects and supplement team of researchers to write case studies in urban economics and real estate finance.
• Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Data Science, Transportation, Engineering, Urban Planning, or related fields.
• Solid skills in: data analytics, statistics, econometrics
• Excellent writing/verbal communication.
• Proactive, optimistic approach to problem-solving/time management.
• Ability to incubate and envision new, innovative research projects and successfully manage their implementation.
• Computer/Statistical Skills (preferred): Stata, R, MATLAB, Python, Mathematica, Excel; GeoDatabases: ArcGIS10
Two year appointment with possibility of third year, depending on availability of funding.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Link