JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
University of New South Wales
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
D1 -- Household Behavior and Family Economics
G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
J1 -- Demographic Economics
Retirement Financial Planning
Retirement Financial Products
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR) offers exceptional opportunities for two suitably qualified applicants to join a multi-disciplinary research team committed to transforming thinking about population ageing and establishing Australia as a world leader in the field.
The Senior Research Associates will join a team based in CEPARâ€™s newly established hub on population ageing in China and perform research on projects within the hubâ€™s portfolio as well as support the development of collaborative research within the hub. Research topics include householdsâ€™ retirement timing decisions and retirement financial planning, the role of housing for retirement income, the development of retirement financial products, as well as the analysis of public policies addressing retirement income, health and aged care.
About the role:
- Fixed term for a period of up to 2.5 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in economics, econometrics, actuarial studies or a related discipline, or close to completion of a PhD.
- An outstanding research record in a field relevant to the focus of the hub.
- Excellent competency in computing and data analysis skills, and excellent communication skills.
- External Application Link