JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
00 -- Default: Any Field
H -- Public Economics
manage data sets
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Boston University has a large research program on the epidemiology/economics of the global HIV epidemic and the evaluation of HIV care and treatment interventions in South Africa and other countries. We collaborate closely with the Health Economics and Epidemiology Research Office in South Africa (HE2RO).
We are seeking up to two Johannesburg-based Research Fellows to work with HE2RO and BU faculty and researchers to design/implement economic analyses and modeling to evaluate the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of HIV-related interventions and generate cost and resource allocation information. Research Fellows will help design study protocols/data collection instruments, supervision of data collection, development of databases, data analysis, report writing, and contributing to presentation/publication of findings. Travel outside South Africa may be required. These are project-funded positions with an initial two-year term.
* Master's degree in relevant field (economics, public health, public policy)
* Strong technical competence in economic and statistical analysis
* Experience working and/or conducting research in low- or middle-income countries
* Experience in carrying out applied economic research on healthcare interventions, including collection of primary data, preferred
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team and supervise junior staff
* Demonstrated to work independently with modest level of supervision.
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
- Application Instructions Below
To apply, please e-mail a CV and cover letter to Ms. Alexis Anderson, alexis92@.