JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
University of Tasmania
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Hobart, TAS, AUSTRALIA
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Applications are invited for appointment to the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics (TSBE) in the fields of Macroeconomics and/or Finance.
The Discipline of Economics and Finance has an active research environment supporting a strong undergraduate and post-graduate teaching program within TSBE. The support includes seminar series, visitors program and support for conference attendance and research grants. TSBE has a strong undergraduate program in Economics, with a Finance major, an honours program, Masters in Finance and PhD program and staff in Economics and Finance also contribute to the MBA program.
TSBE offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University’s Hobart, Launceston and Cradle Coast (Burnie) campuses, as well as in Sydney at the Rozelle campus.
In this role you will:
- Make a sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Support the Discipline of Economics and Finance by conducting high quality research leading to scholarly publications and grant applications, in macroeconomics and/or finance.
- Be provided with opportunities to supervise post graduate and honours students, as well as teaching at both undergraduate and post graduate levels.
- Contribute to the research, teaching and community engagement activities of the discipline of Economics and Finance.
To be considered you will have:
- A PhD in a relevant field
- A strong record and ongoing commitment to producing quality research publications within the field of macroeconomics and/or finance, demonstrated by a record of high quality publications.
- A record of good contributions to successful research higher degree supervision and completions.
- Experience and demonstrated achievement in University-level teaching and learning.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B (Lecturer) or Academic Level C (Senior Lecturer).
Appointment at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $120,893 per annum, (comprising salary within the range $87,632 - $103,327 plus 17% superannuation).
Appointment at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $142,754 per annum, (comprising salary within the range $106,480 - $122,012 plus 17% superannuation).
For further information about the position please contact the Head of Discipline Professor Mardi Dungey on 03 6226 1839 or via email,
Applications close Friday, 30 October, 2015.
- External Application Link