JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
California State University Fullerton
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Fullerton, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: O1 -- Economic Development
Microeconomic Analyses of Development
Full Text of JOE Listing:
O12 -- Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
O15 -- Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
The Department of Economics in the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics at California State University, Fullerton invites applications for one (possibly two) full-time tenure-track position (s) in Development Economics with specialization in applied microeconomics, including (but not limited to) microeconomic development-related issues in labor, health, education, welfare, and migration (JEL O12, O15).
Successful candidates must demonstrate teaching and research ability in the field of microeconomic analyses of economic development. Responsibilities of faculty include: teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, contributing to both graduate and undergraduate programs, including supervision of undergraduate and graduate research, publishing research in quality peer-reviewed journals, providing service at the Departmental / College / University levels, and participating in the broader disciplinary community.
Candidates for the position must:
1. Possess a PhD in a relevant field by the start of appointment.
2. Demonstrate research potential as evidenced by research papers or a record of publication and ongoing research in the area mentioned above.
3. Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching.
4. Possess the ability to interact effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and colleagues.
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Link