JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
• Identifies policy challenges and solutions related to retirement income security, with a strong focus on Social Security.
• Provides detail analyses of Social Security reform proposals.
• Uses appropriate methodologies and data to conduct and oversee original research on highly visible and potentially controversial policy issues in areas of importance to AARP.
• Provides objective policy analysis for timely use by key internal clients to inform advocacy efforts and provide expert guidance to volunteer leaders. Evaluates current policy positions and provides extensive input for the drafting of The Policy Book: AARP’s Public Policies.
• Develops policy options and reform strategies to enable AARP to promote changes in public policy that make it possible for 50+ Americans to live a better life.
• Critiques legislative and regulatory proposals in area of expertise, and provides objective policy analysis to inform AARP’s public outreach and advocacy efforts,
• Represents AARP in public forums, and serves as an expert resource to AARP staff and volunteer leaders, as well as to opinion leaders and policymakers outside AARP
• Serves as focal point within AARP for issue expertise, participating in and influencing strategic planning and decision-making by contributing to campaigns, actively serving on committees, teams, and working groups.
• Demonstrates AARP leadership behaviors in all interactions.
Position requires the ability to
a. Initiate and complete work independently, to plan and manage one’s workload, and to complete work under tight time pressures.
b. Think strategically when developing a work plan.
c. Excel in a team environment, and to collaborate with others within the Public Policy Institute and throughout AARP.
d. Balance and manage short-term deliverables with long-term projects
Employee must exercise excellent judgment when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- External Application Link