JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Charles River Associates
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Senior Associate (2016 Start)
Hiring Practices and Locations:
Antitrust & Competition (Boston, Chicago, DC, Oakland, Salt Lake City, Toronto), Finance (Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Oakland), and Labor & Employment (Tallahassee)
What do we do?
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides economic, financial, and business management expertise to major law firms, industries, accounting firms, and governments. We offer litigation and regulatory support, business strategy and planning, market and demand forecasting, policy analysis, and risk management consulting. CRA has offices across North America and Europe.
Responsibilities vary based on practice placement and can include:
* Work closely with leading academics, manage the research process, and supervise, train and mentor junior analysts
* Act as a primary point of contact for clients and assist in the development and presentation of client deliverables including expert reports summarizing our opinions, conclusions, and recommendations, and third party financial, market and industry data
* Provide private and government clients with economic analysis and litigation support services
* Independently conceptualize and identify issues, design complex economic and financial models to analyze economic and financial data, and oversee the creation of analyses by junior staff
* Ensure the integrity and accuracy of analyses and opinions
* Provide economic analyses of mergers and other competition matters before the major competition authorities of the world; testify in judicial proceedings
* Conduct research in a supportive, team-oriented environment as they consult to attorneys and clients in industry and government on a wide variety of finance, strategy and economics issues
As most of our work is done in the office, minimal travel is required.
Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. or ABD in economics, finance, or accounting or a closely allied field, and will have specific expertise in the fields of industrial organization, applied microeconomics, econometrics, labor, intellectual property, pricing, corporate finance, financial accounting or other quantitative areas. Previous experience in teaching, research, or industry is desirable.
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below