JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Shinjuku, Tokyo, JAPAN
00 -- Default: Any Field
N00 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Waseda University, a long-established private university located in central Tokyo, invites applications for one full-time, tenured (or tenure-track) position in Economic History in the Faculty of Political Science and Economics. The appointment will be made at the rank of either Professor or Associate Professor (for a tenure-track position, Associate Professor only), beginning in September 2016.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
(1) Be competent to teach courses on Economic History offered in the department's English-based Degree Program, and on related topics at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level in both English and Japanese.
(2) Be able to conduct thesis advice/supervision regarding Economic History at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in both English and Japanese.
(3) Be competent to conduct research in and to teach Economic History from the 17th century to the present time through an international or global perspective.
(4) Preference will be given to those with prior teaching experience of relevant courses.
For more details, please refer to the following URL.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
Prof. Koichi Suga, Senior Dean
Faculty of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University
1-6-1 NishiWaseda, Shinjuku, Tokyo 169-8050, Japan
-On the envelope, please write in red "Application for Economic History 2016."
-All documents must be sent by registered mail.
-The documents submitted will not be returned.
Please note that we are not able to accept the application sent by e-mail.