JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Actuarial Research Corporation
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Columbia, Maryland, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Actuarial Research Corporation seeks a mid-level or senior analyst to join us on projects related to U.S. health care financing.
We are a small for-profit consulting firm with an office in Columbia Maryland, specializing in health policy implementation and analysis. Our principal clients are federal agencies, but we also serve a variety of private-sector organizations. Typically, we do not perform original research, but rather respond to the needs of our clients.
Among other things, you will:
• Analyze Medicare or Medicaid enrollment or claims data
• Use survey databases to help answer policy questions
• Employ regression or statistical methods to analyze proposed policies
• Develop or adapt data-driven models to help answer policy questions
Ideally, you enjoy working in a drama-free environment and possess:
• Education leading to a doctorate, or comparable professional experience or credentials
• Experience in the use of econometrics/statistics
• The ability to manipulate quantitative data to address research questions
• Good interpersonal skills
• Experience with SAS, Stata, or VBL
Work experience is valuable, but ARC also has a tradition of hiring new graduates. We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits, and the amenities and culture of a small, informal workplace.
- Application Instructions Below