JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Asian Development Bank
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Metro Manila, PHILIPPINES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
• Engage in the implementation of the South Asia Urban Development and Water Division (SAUW) work program, through the preparation of technical assistance and loans. Provide support for economic, financial, analytical and thematic work applicable to the urban sector.
• Participate in administration of loans, Technical Assistance (TA) projects, and non-lending products and services (NLPs) to contribute to ADB’s goal of economic development.
• Ensure the quality of economic and financial due diligence of projects and programs, and compliance with ADB’s policies, guidelines, operations manuals and staff instructions relevant to economic, financial and financial management due diligence.
• Prepare and/or improve economic and financial assessment of projects and programs to achieve a standard equivalent or higher than what is required under ADB’s policies, guidelines, operations manuals and staff instructions, if possible.
• Ensure the structure and calculation of cost estimates is in compliance with ADB’s loan regulations, disbursement handbook and applicable operations manuals and project administration manuals, to present in formats appropriate for ADB’s legal and board documents.
• Monitor, analyze, and report on macroeconomic and key sector policy developments in the assigned countries/regions as required. Assess the operational impact of macroeconomic and key sector developments.
• Work independently within ADB’s broad policies and objectives, and with supervision for unfamiliar or critical tasks.
• Supervisor: Director, SAUW
• The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
Master’s degree, or equivalent, in economics or finance, preferably with specialization in urban development, or other related fields. University degree in economics or finance, preferably with specialization in urban development, or other related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
Relevant Experience and Other Requirements:
• Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
• At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the sectoral or thematic area under consideration as well as exposure to the full project cycle (i.e. programming, project processing to project administration), project economic and financial analysis, or related area; International experience working in several countries.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
For more details and to apply, visit
Deadline for applications is on 18 March 2015.
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive work environment.
Women are encouraged to apply.
The vision of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and based in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from about 67 members. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package. While the position advertised is for the ADB headquarters, staff must be prepared to serve in any location outside Manila, Philippines at the discretion of Management. Applicants must be nationals of one of ADB's member countries.
- External Application Link