JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Dan Searle Fellowships in Economics
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Dan Searle Fellowships in Economics offer support for post-doctoral fellowships to be spent at the nation's top universities. Newly minted PhDs from any university are welcome to apply.
Before applying, candidates must identify an appropriate mentor in a highly ranked economics department and make tentative arrangements to spend two years there.
The ideal candidate will have:
• a dedication to scholarship and teaching;
• very strong academic qualifications;
• the potential to contribute to intellectual diversity in the academy;
• a demonstrated interest in research relevant to U.S. public policy; and
• the promise of a distinguished academic career.
Fellowship awards include an annual stipend of $75,000, enrollment in the host university's health insurance, and a modest sum for the host university's expenses.
The program has allowed post-docs to spend their fellowships at Harvard, Columbia Business School, the University of Chicago, and Northwestern University.
To apply, first make tentative hosting arrangements with a mentor in a top economics department.
The application form and other details about how to apply are available at .
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below