JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Institute for Women's Policy Research
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Gender policy research
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Institute for Women's Policy Research (IWPR) seeks a senior researcher to serve as a full-time Study Director for its projects on workforce development and postsecondary education. The Study Director will lead IWPR research, technical assistance, and program development related to job training, and college access and success. Current projects include a major new two-year research initiative assessing whether and how socioeconomic supports and services—such as child care, transportation, case management, and expanded access to public benefits—improve job training and subsequent employment outcomes for women and men.
• Ph.D. in a social science discipline, e.g. economics, sociology, public policy, or public administration.
• 10-15-years of applied research experience.
• Expertise and a record of achievement related to workforce development/postsecondary education systems and policies.
• Experience with program evaluation, survey design, and analysis of large data sets.
• Familiarity with networks of scholars, policy makers, thought leaders, and funders in the areas of workforce development and/or postsecondary education.
• Track record of successful fundraising from foundation or government sources.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Knowledge of SAS, STATA or SPSS.
• Project and staff management and supervision skills.
• Demonstrated interest in policy issues affecting women.
- Application Instructions Below
To apply, submit a resume or CV, cover letter, writing sample, and a list of three references with contact information in a single PDF or Word document to jobs@
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Individuals from underrepresented groups encouraged to apply. IWPR is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.