JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, UNITED STATES
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
F -- International Economics
G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We’re one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website
It is the policy of Barclays Capital to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The Barclays FX Strategy Research team undertakes both macroeconomic and quantitative research and is responsible for the firm’s view on currency markets as well as its official currency forecasts.
• Publish research on global macroeconomics and FX market topics
• Collaborate with other team members on ongoing research papers and projects
• Assist in formulating views on currencies, especially those in the Americas
• Interact with the firm’s clients on currency market and global macro views
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
• PhD or advanced degree in Economics/Finance
• 2+ years working with large data sets and quantitative analysis skills
• 1+ years experience in Matlab programming
• 1+ years experience working with statistical concepts and financial markets
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills
• Relevant work experience
• Ability to manage a large number of projects and seamlessly interact with sales, trading and other research personnel.
• Must be self motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team environment
• Proficiency in Spanish/Portuguese is a plus
• Exposure to topics such as international macro, monetary economics and banking
• Have relevant empirical research experience
• Familiarity using data tools such as Bloomberg, Haver and EcoWin
- Cover Letter
- Research Papers