JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
00 -- Default: Any Field
O3 -- Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Competition Dynamics is looking to hire exceptionally talented individuals to join its consulting and expert testimony practice.
CD is an owner-operated economic consulting boutique devoted exclusively to economic research and testimony at the intersection of antitrust, intellectual property, and international trade. Intellectual Asset Management magazine recently noted that Competition Dynamics’ “analysis has a certain rigor that is hard to find elsewhere”.
CD was founded in 2012 by Jonathan Putnam, an expert with over 30 years of experience with the economics of intellectual property, R&D, productivity growth, industrial organization and international trade.
1. A Master’s or PhD in Economics, Business or Finance; non-economists must have formal training in economics.
2. Proven project management and report writing skills.
3. Strong at data handling and analysis.
4. English communication skills are excellent in both verbal and written form, and you are able to articulate complex economic concepts.
5. A proactive self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
6. You thrive in a challenging work environment and perform well in high stress situations.
7. Able to teach and mentor junior staff.
8. Availability to work long hours, evenings and weekends as necessary, and to travel for client meetings on short notice.
- Letters of Reference
- External Application Link