JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Aetna Life Insurance Co.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Hartford, Connecticut, UNITED STATES
C4 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
PhD in economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
We are currently seeking a Director of Actuarial for our Hartford, CT location. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing Group Life and Disability predictive analytical models for pricing, reserve valuation and disability claim management. In addition, will closely monitor the labor market by industry to identify product development, pricing and risk management opportunities for Aetna's Group Life & Disability business.
• Developing predictive modeling tools to improve Group Life and Disability pricing, reserve valuation and disability risk management.
• Monitor the economy and the labor market closely and make pricing and risk management recommendations.
• Work closely with Aetna’s Investment research department and Life and Disability actuarial teams in transforming data and predictive modeling results into actionable pricing and risk management recommendations.
• Ph.D. in Economics or Finance or related fields.
• 5+ years experience in economic research and advanced predictive modeling.
• Strong quantitative skills and expert in statistical methods and tools.
• Proven track record of providing analytical solutions to unstructured business problems using data mining and predictive modeling.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate results of statistical models to broad audience.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong leadership and collaborating skills.
Please send resume to Feng Zhao at zhaof@ .
- Application Instructions Below
send resume to zhaof@directly.