JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Barcelona, Barcelona, SPAIN
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Strategic Planning and Research Department of CaixaBank, the leading retail bank in Spain, analyzes topics of interest in the areas of macroeconomics, financial markets, the banking system and competitive strategy and helps develop and monitor the strategic plan of the bank in close contact with top management. The Department is divided into 3 units specialized in Bank Strategy, Macroeconomics and Financial Markets respectively but which frequently interact with each other. Our work, based on an applied approach, rigor and a solid analytical foundation, is aimed at an internal audience (top management) and an external audience (investors, clients and professional economists).
We have openings in our three units (bank strategy, macroeconomics and financial markets). Main tasks of the potential candidates:
- Analyze global macroeconomic developments (the economist may be assigned to cover emerging markets, euro area or Spain), financial markets or bank strategy issues (depending on the department).
- Prepare presentations, reports and papers on these topics.
- Present reports and papers.
- Develop quantitative models for analysis and forecasting.
- Education: Economist with a graduate degree (Master’s Degree or PhD from a top university preferred); knowledge of quantitative methods valued in the macro and financial market units; some expertise on regulatory issues valued in the Strategy unit.
- Experience: Previous experience in similar posts will be valued.
- Languages: Spanish and English required.
Versatility: Global perspective on macroeconomics, financial markets and banking.
Initiative and anticipation in identifying relevant topics.
Ability to synthesize complex problems.
Oral and written communication skills.
Applicants should e-mail their CV to email@example.com by November 30. Early applications encouraged. We plan to attend the ASESEC meetings in Palma de Mallorca on December 11-13 and the AEA meetings in Boston on January 3-5.
To learn more about us, check www.lacaixaresearch.com
- Application Instructions Below