JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
American Council on Education
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: I2 -- Education and Research Institutions
Full Text of JOE Listing:
As a member of its core leadership team and with a strong emphasis on quantitative methods, contribute to the development, management, and execution of a new policy research agenda for ACE's Center for Policy Research and Strategy whose mission is to produce thought leadership at the intersection of public policy and institutional strategy. The Director will provide leadership and technical and content expertise to the Center's research team and to the organization at large and will lead quantitative analyses and communicate findings to internal and external audiences.
Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
1. Provide quantitative methods expertise and supervise quantitative and qualitative analyses conducted in support of CPRS’ research agenda and the short- and long-term research needs of other ACE divisions including: Government and Public Affairs, Center for Education Attainment and Innovation, Leadership Programs, and Center for Internationalization and Global Engagement.
2. Oversee research projects and train and supervise research staff on per-project basis.
3. Supervise and monitor the progress of full-time graduate research associates.
4. Lead and contribute to the generation of external products such as research reports and briefs, fact sheets, and opinion pieces for institutional leadership and policy audiences.
5. Represent ACE at conferences and meetings and serve on external working groups.
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
•Minimum of ten years’ experience in higher education policy research setting; PhD required.
•Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate research findings to both expert and lay audiences.
•Demonstrated experience conducting analysis with NCES and other federal databases using quantitative analysis software.
•Ability to easily adapt, learn and work within new datasets and with new technical tools.
•Experience leading and supervising complex projects and project teams.
•Strong writing abilities with substantive contributions to the field.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume as one document during the online application process.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Disabled/Veteran
- External Application Link