JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Sunnyvale, California, UNITED STATES
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
C5 -- Econometric Modeling
C7 -- Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
D -- Microeconomics
D4 -- Market Structure and Pricing
L -- Industrial Organization
L1 -- Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
algorithmic game theory
Full Text of JOE Listing:
About the Team:
The Yahoo Revenue Management team is responsible for pricing and market design for Display Advertising at Yahoo. We are seeking a Marketplace Economist to drive projects that will redesign our online advertising marketplaces.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for short and long-term strategies to manage revenue and marketplace health. The successful candidate will coordinate with various engineering and business teams to understand challenges and opportunities facing Yahoo advertising marketplaces in addition to providing policy recommendations that further the company's goals.
What we are looking for:
- PhD in economics by July 2015 at the latest. This position is ideal for someone that combines a strong background in market design with experience in actionable empirical analysis.
- Experience in empirical and computational work with real-world data.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with statistical software such as R or Python's various statistical packages. Programming experience in a UNIX/Linux environment is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast business environment, to communicate well and drive consensus.
- Enthusiasm for learning new tools, business practices and for working with the team to frame and solve difficult problems.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below