JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
California State University, Fullerton
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Fullerton, California, UNITED STATES
00 -- Default: Any Field
J1 -- Demographic Economics
J2 -- Demand and Supply of Labor
J6 -- Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies
J7 -- Labor Discrimination
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Economics in the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics at California State University, Fullerton invites applications for one (possibly two) full-time tenure-track position(s). We seek candidates with teaching and research interests in labor economics, and are particularly interested in candidates who possess a promising research program with emphasis in human capital (J24) or immigration related areas (J15, J7, J61), complementary to our existing core of applied micro researchers.
Successful candidates must demonstrate teaching and research ability in the field of labor economics. Responsibilities of faculty include teaching quality undergraduate and graduate courses, contributing to both graduate and undergraduate programs, publishing research in quality peer-reviewed journals, providing service at the Departmental / College / University levels, and participating in the broader disciplinary community.
Candidates for the position must:
1. Possess a Ph.D. in a relevant field by the start of appointment;
2. Have research potential as evidenced by research papers or a record of publication and ongoing research in the area mentioned above;
3. Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching;
4. Possess the ability to interact effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and colleagues.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Job market paper and other research papers/publications
4. Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. teaching evaluations, syllabi, teaching philosophy, etc.)
In addition, three current confidential letters of recommendation must be sent via email to econclerical@ . Please include the candidate’s name and the position number (7276BR) in the subject line.