JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
I1 -- Health
H -- Public Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Amy Finkelstein is hiring full time research assistants for summer/fall of 2015. This one to two year position will entail assistance with all stages of empirical analysis on various research projects. Candidates should be planning to apply to a quantitative Ph.D. program, have strong programming and quantitative skills, and excellent grades.
The position is located at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) in Cambridge Massachusetts. Annual salary is $52,000.
Please ask your references to send a written recommendation letter to me at finkelRA@ .
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
1. A cover letter describing familiarity with various statistical packages and prior research experience.
2. Contact information for two references. At least one must be someone for whom you have worked as a research assistant.
5. Condensed transcript: list of classes in economics, mathematics, statistics or computer science. For each include the name of the course, the date taken, the school at which the course was taken, and the main textbook(s) used in the course.
6. Earliest start date.