JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Inter-American Development Bank
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Bogota, COLOMBIA
JEL Classification: F6 -- Globalization
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The IDB, seeks a professional with technical knowledge and experience in promoting enterprise development, competitiveness, and innovation in Latin America to improve the competitiveness and productivity of firms in the region through innovative technologies.
• Lead and participate in interdisciplinary teams to advance policy dialogue on innovation, competitiveness, and entrepreneurship.
• Monitor loan portfolio and provide technical assistance in Colombia and Ecuador.
• Develop policy analysis on enterprise development, promotion of clusters and value chains, and other productive development policies.
• Maintain close liaisons with policymakers, private sector leaders, international organizations, research institutions, and non-governmental organizations.
• Conduct project impact assessments.
• Maintain a network of partner institutions in the competitiveness, technology, and innovation sector.
• Promote new approaches to foster entrepreneurship and the competitiveness of firms and their capacity to innovate.
• Help to increase private sector investment in innovation and technological development.
• Master's degree in Economics, Telecommunications, or other fields relevant for this position (Ph.D. preferred.)
• 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of the region, economy of telecommunications, and the challenges of telecommunications development.
• Fluency in Spanish and English. Portuguese or French a plus.
Travel: Approximately 90 days/year.
- External Application Link