JOE - March 2013
| Actuarial and Economic Services|
|Senior Research Economist|
|Position Title/Short Description|
Section: 5 -- Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Boca Raton, FL, USA
JEL Classification: M2 -- Business Economics
Keywords: Key words: economist, econometrics, research, econometrist, labor markets, healthcare and medical services, financial markets, demographics, regulation and legislative changes, statistical modeling, Bayesian econometrics
Deadline Date: 03/31/2013
JOE ID Number: 201303_398642
|Print This Page||Back to Listings|
|Full Text of JOE Listing:|
Lead complex economic research projects to provide greater understanding of the ever-changing workers compensation market. The potential scope is both broad and deep - labor markets, financial markets/cost of capital, health care and medical services, social insurance, demographics, the business cycle, regulatory and legislative change and more - using NCCI’s extensive proprietary data and our traditional and advanced Bayesian statistical modeling capabilities. Publishing in peer reviewed journals is encouraged. Practical insights will enhance NCCI's actuarial and economic products and services and will benefit workers, employers, insurers, and regulators. In addition to publications the authors share their research analysis and findings broadly through participation in industry and professional conferences. Sharing expertise with and developing junior staff is also a key responsibility.
Lead complex economic research projects. This includes developing and managing project plans, determining appropriate methodologies and approach, coordinating the work of others, analyzing complex information, assessing the reasonability of results and drawing conclusions, presenting and defending results to internal and external audiences, preparing presentations and publications, and properly documenting the project work.
Lead an economic focus area (e.g. economic research, statistical modeling, financial analysis) This leadership role includes prioritizing projects, obtaining staffing from internal resources, delegating tasks, and delivering results. Responsibilities also include developing and managing bench strength, ensuring that assigned staff adhere to quality standards, implementing process and methodology improvements as appropriate, and managing all administrative responsibilities for the focus area.
Represent NCCI to external audiences and stakeholders.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
• A doctoral degree and minimum of ten (10) years professional experience in academic and business economic research, including managing major projects.
• Extensive knowledge of econometrics, finance, macro and microeconomics, and economic forecasting
• Advanced knowledge of economic and insurance data sources and analytical tools
• Ability to utilize advanced statistical and modeling techniques
• Creative and innovative thinking
• Expert analytical skills
• Ability to lead highly complex economic and statistical analysis projects
• Ability to peer review the technical work of others and identify areas for improvement that may lead to better approaches
• Ability to share expertise and mentor others
• Good people skills that include understanding the perspectives and needs of others, building mutual respect, and garnering support
• Customer focused
• Thinks strategically
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate complex analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to represent the company in external audiences
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Relevant work experience in financial markets, insurance, professional consulting, and/or medical/healthcare economics
Note: This employer requires online Application.
|Print This Page||Back to Listings|