JOE - August 2012
|One Earth Future Foundation|
|Economist - Quantitative Research Associate|
|Position Title/Short Description|
Section: 5 -- Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Broomfield, CO, USA
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
C1 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
C5 -- Econometric Modeling
C7 -- Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
E6 -- Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
F -- International Economics
H -- Public Economics
I3 -- Welfare and Poverty
K4 -- Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
N4 -- Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation
O -- Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
O5 -- Economywide Country Studies
Deadline Date: 09/30/2012
Salary Range: Competitive Salary + Benefits
JOE ID Number: 201208_397174
Status Update: Search Cancelled: No longer accepting applications.
|Print This Page||Back to Listings|
|Full Text of JOE Listing:|
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, R&D
STATUS: Full time, salaried, exempt.
START DATE: Immediate
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: OEF is a nonprofit, private Foundation which began operations in 2008, with a vision of peace through governance. Central to OEF's mission is partnering closely with the business community. As an operating foundation, OEF focuses on both researching and developing ideas, and operationalizing those ideas through implementation projects. The research and implementation departments work in synergy, positively informing and strengthening one another. Further information can be found at: www.oneearthfuture.org and www.oceansbeyondpiracy.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: The candidate will conduct economic and quantitative research on multiple issue areas related to conflict, business, and peace. The research will focus on Cost of Conflict studies, including assessing the economic cost of piracy and other forms of armed conflict. The candidate must have substantial economic modeling and quantitative analysis skills, including experience in using complex mathematical models. The candidate will, preferably, have experience in both academic and practitioner settings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Lead the development of economic models and research to assess the economic cost of conflict, and other economic issue areas related to peace, governance, piracy, and business.
- Conduct exploratory research on potential OEF projects.
- Contribute research to current OEF projects.
- Write memos, papers, and detailed final reports summarizing research.
- Undertake additional research and other duties as necessary.
- At minimum, Master Degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, international development studies, political science, or other relevant field.
- PhD in relevant field a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in quantitative modeling of economic systems required
- Experience with modeling using R a strong plus.
- Direct experience modeling issues related to the cost of armed conflict a strong plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity with issues associated with international conflict and a background in peace studies, political economics, international development, political science, international relations, international law or other related field.
- At least five to seven years of international experience preferred.
- Excellent writing skills for both academic and non-academic audiences; demonstrated expertise writing high-quality reports or peer-reviewed publications communicating research findings to external audiences.
- Ability to take initiative, analyze and prioritize assignments; work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to multitask.
- Flexibility about the projects being researched.
- Fluency in English required, secondary language preferred.
Email for Applications: email@example.com
Informational URL: http://www.oneearthfuture.org
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, phone: 303 533 1701
|Print This Page||Back to Listings|