Annual AEA Conference 2012 Boston
May 30 – June 1, 2012
The AEA Committee on Economic Education (CEE) held the Second Annual Conference on Teaching Undergraduate and Graduate Economics, and Research in Economic Education at all levels (including precollege). The conference was cosponsored by the Journal of Economic Education and the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. All sessions were held at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Boston, except a dinner at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. Plenary speakers at the conference were:
- Daron Acemoglu, "Incorporating Long-run Economic Development into the Undergraduate Economics Curriculum" [View PDF of Slide Presentation]
- Susan Athey, "Economics Education for the Internet Age: Design, Analysis, and Experimentation in Large-Scale Online Marketplaces"
- Peter Diamond, “Unemployment, Vacancies, Wages”
- Jeff Fuhrer, "Monetary Policy in the Wake of the Great Recession" [View PDF of Slide Presentation]
- Greg Mankiw, “Recent Challenges Facing Monetary and Fiscal Policy, and What They Mean for What We Teach”